The Journal released a partial transcript of the interview but never released everything that was discussed between the president and some of the papers editors and reporters. However, Politico published the interview in full on Tuesdaywhich includes some bizarre comments from Trump that mirror ones he made in the now notorious Times interview.
Here are some of the most notable exchanges.
- On Jared Kushner: The presidents adviser and son-in-law has been at the forefront of theongoing probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, and Trump appeared to enjoy a Journal editorial published on the day of their interview. After praising the papers editorial, Trump said:
You did a good job. Hes a goodhes a good boy.
- Hillary Clinton compliment(ish): While Trump has made a habit of criticizing his former presidential election opponent both during and after the election, he did let one compliment slip in while talking about the difficulty the GOP has had with repealing, or repealing and replacing, the Affordable Care Act.
You know, if you think, Hillary Clinton, smart person, she was the first lady of the country, her entire life was spenther entire eight years was spent trying to get health care. Never even came close. Obamaand one thing I have to say, Im here now exactly six months. Obama took would you say a year-and-a-half?
- The bizarre Boy Scouts speech: Trump gave a speech to the Boy Scouts last month that was criticized for being too political. The head of the Boy Scouts even issued an apology for the nature of the speech. Trump seemed to remember things differently.
TRUMP: Id be the first to admit mixed. Im a guy that will tell you mixed. There was no mix there. That was a standing ovation from the time I walked out to the time I left, and for five minutes after I had already gone. There was no mix.
WSJ: Yeah, there was a lot of supporters in the arena.
TRUMP: And I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful. So there wasthere was no mix.
- Trump predicts good things for Scaramucci: The interview took place just days before Anthony Scaramuccis short tenure as White House communications director ended abruptly. The president seemed optimistic about Scaramucci’s future in the White House, but Scaramucci’s deluge of rants and threatsquickly followed.
BAKER: But we cant expect any more staff changes in the immediatein the immediate future?
TRUMP: No, I dont think so.
TRUMP: But Im very happy with Anthony. I think Anthony is going to do amazing.
- When was that Miss Universe pageant in Russia again?: While discussing the hoax investigation by both houses of Congress and a special counsel into any possible Russian involvement with his campaign, Trump tries to assuage the reporters and editors that he has no ties to Russia. As an example, Trump says he had Miss Universe pageant in Russia like, nine years ago, eight years ago, something like that. Trump held Miss Universe in Moscow four years ago, in 2013.
More From this publisher : HERE
Tags: anthony scaramucci